Chaos Storm #1184 has swept the Lok'Groton island chain. Please post any changes you have observed and wish to share with others in the comments.
Delta Tao's "What's New" for v1184:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power. — Abraham Lincoln (1809–1865)
- Everything this update is secret. Shhh!
TMN received the following press release from the Office of Fen President Largo:
FEN PRESIDENT LARGO TO OFFER REMARKS AFTER LONG & UNEXPLAINED ABSENCE
massive kegger and strike on Dar’shak outposts will follow the rare and unprecedented address
(Puddleby, Lok’Groton, Autumn 8, 621) Following a decades-long absence from Puddleby, Fen President Largo will deliver remarks in front of Alliance Castle on [August 23rd, 3pm Eastern/12pm Pacific].
Extensive refreshments will be provided, and bards are heartily encouraged to attend. Following Largo’s remarks, a brief Q&A, and the communal decommission of several choice kegs of beer, a strategic and decisive raid will be conducted against key Dar’shak power centers on Ash Island.
Known for his charm, humility, and outstanding fashion sense, Largo is variously affiliated with the Puddleby Players, Astrum Lumini, Bane of the Black Heart, and the few remaining fragments of the Nox Sorora. His greatest claim to fame, though, is his political career.
Largo notoriously served under Manx as the first-ever Fen Vice President before ascending to the office of the Fen Presidency in Autumn 572. The strategic alliance that he brokered with Tyris Drakesblood's pirate rebels against the Dar'shak Theocracy serves as one highlight to his single extraordinarily long and storied term, though he is also known to have signed several permits and purchased a handful of new shirts.
Largo recently returned to Puddleby after many years of unannounced absence, and has not yet offered comment or explanation as to his whereabouts during that time.
Please direct press inquiries to Largo via sunstone.
The press packet also included the following flattering images of Largo.
image from Haffron on Discord
Long-missing Fen President Largo has been spotted in Town Center.
He vanished before taking questions from journalists.
Chaos Storm #1179 has swept the Lok'Groton island chain. Please post any changes you have observed and wish to share with others in the comments.
Delta Tao's "What's New" for v1179:
We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope. — Martin Luther King Jr. (1929–1968)
- Increase darkite damage to more exactly match darkus without balance components.
- Tweaked some monsters (general summary of changes: more XP, sometimes more health)
- Tweaks to pets:
- The “come” command now makes the pet follow until they receive another command.
- Slightly decreased pet slaughter rates.
- You can now
/pull /critterto pull a pet (size of pets also increased to make pulling more reliable)
New to TMN Favorites:
Chaos Storm #1175 has swept the Lok'Groton island chain. Please post any changes you have observed and wish to share with others in the comments.
Delta Tao's "What's New" for v1175:
Animals are such agreeable friends—they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms. — George Eliot (1819–1880)
- Major updates and changes to healer pets. Some changes in pet management and collecting, and some bug fixes and quality of life improvements.
- This is a major overhaul in how things worked behind the scenes. We tested as well as we could, but please report any bugs or issues.
- Rescuing a pet will no longer replace your “secondary” pet. You can rescue as many pets as you want now, without fear of overwriting pets.
- There were major changes to allow for this behavior; you’ll need to explore and experiment to figure it out.
- The overall summary is that there are still limits on the number of pets you can have at once; and now it’s much more explicit when you choose to “tame” a pet: it’s no longer automatically done when you heal the pet. Instead, healing a pet adds it to your “collection” of possible pets.
- This collection is limitless, although you can’t have duplicates.
- It should now be nearly impossible to accidentally replace your pets.
- Limit on number of simultaneous pets can now be increased beyond 2. (But you’ve got to earn it!)
- Fixed bug which was preventing most rescuable pets from showing up in the world.
- Added a bunch of new pets.
- Pets can now get even stronger than before.
- Chests on Gho-wei were inadvertently awarding total coin payout to everyone, instead of splitting it amongst nearby players. We've kept the non-splitting behavior, but lowered the payout to account for it.
- Do you believe in magic? If you search for it, then it may lead you somewhere.
K'vynn sent the following report to TMN:
Falinea's Blade is back, and we decided on Soldi, day 26 of Fall, 620 -- on the day of the New Moon -- to go exploring Lugubrion's Castle, as one of our members had a theory regarding fish . . . (yum) and Lugu's Keep. It has been years since I've explored the keep. I really dislike the damp, but libraries . . . I could spend hours in the library there!
We explored,and we tossed fish here and there (restrain me) . . . and we inadvertently startled one of Lugubrion's Sarirs! She fled from us initially; she was scared and frightened. Lugubrion detected she was attempting to . . . escape and attempted to track her. We decided to assist her and hide her while we endeavored to establish a way to take her to safety, out of the material plane to the ethereal plane.
The town began eventually holding back the flood of water guardians that approached through the marsh, east field, north field and into town. The walls were not quite enough to keep back the water; however, the town exiles kept them at bay. The flood of guardians kept tracking Sarir and I where I had taken her for temporary safety, so I whisked her back into the keep, to hide her right under his nose, in his own keep, as we worked to put together the parts I needed to create a kyuem.
Between the fish, the exploding kyuems, and the flood of guardians, we eventually were able -- with the Sarir's guidance -- to place and activate a kyuem within the keep and thus she was able to escape. Although, we may have disturbed things even further between EP and the lands.
Lugubrion was not happy at all. We, of course, meddle in what we do not fully understand -- which he made blatantly clear.
The folks who were in this main endeavor were: Connie Crete, Dandelion, Ebony, Jo Ma'ril, K'vynn, Luna, Mehan, Mirabel, Mork, Warplet, and Wayfarer.
Hopefully the world is still intact . . .
Chaos Storm #1171 has swept the Lok'Groton island chain. Please post any changes you have observed and wish to share with others in the comments.
Delta Tao's "What's New" for v1171:
The greatest compassion is the prevention of human suffering through patience, alertness, courage and kindness. — Amit Ray (b. 1960)
* We hope that everyone continues to remain safe and healthy during the new normal.
* It’s so very good to see old faces again. And by “faces” we mean “pixels”. Welcome back to Puddleby, returning players!
* Fixed bug where monsters that spawned “friends” on spawn would spawn additional “friends” when they were befriended and the befriend ended. ’Nuff said-ed?
* Extended the amount of ranks the “newbie” experience booster will boost to. It previously boosted up to 2000 ranks; it now boosts to 3000. This also tweaks the amount of boost at different ranks (for example, it used to switch from a 9x bonus to a 8x bonus at 200 ranks; it now does this at 400 ranks). Any suggestions for further improvements to the booster, or newbie experience in general, are very welcome.
* Fix a bug affecting certain capped skills after untraining. For some trainers, it would not let you get back up to the cap after untraining due to fractional rank gain (for example, if you had 9.3, and the cap was 10, it wouldn’t let you train even once, because that would go to 10.3). Now in this case it will let you train just up to the cap (so from 9.3 to 10, for example).
* Reduce spirit cost of some mystic abilities.
* Champion earth mineral bug fix:
- Previous behavior: When equipping a pauldron and a left-hand earth mineral, it would apply the full bonus for each item, instead of just the pauldron. So for example, with an atkite pauldron and left-hand atkite equipped, it would give 2x atkite instead of 1x. Or one atkite pauldron and one balthite would give 1x atkite and 1x balthite.
- Why this is a problem: 2x balthite bonus gives significantly more ranks than 1x balthus. (And same for dethite). This makes channel master better, by a very large percentage, than those base trainers. (And similar but lesser bonus for a mix of balthite/dethite and atkite/darkite)
- New behavior: Changed behavior when both ‘ites are equipped to give 1/2 full bonus of each ’ite. So for example, with an atkite pauldron and left-hand atkite equipped, it would give 1x atkite. Or one atkite pauldron and one balthite left-hand item would give .5 atkite and .5 balthite. When boosting, it will apply the pauldron full boost, and continue to apply the left hand ‘ite unboosted effect, so the last example, while boosted, will apply 1.5x atkite and .5 balthite.
- Additionally: Since this bug has been around for a very long time (since pauldrons were introduced), and since people have likely trained to optimize for it, we’ve also tweaked the amount of attack, balance, etc. that ’ites give to be more generous. In particular:
• Atkite: Used to give a bit more than half of what a “pure accuracy” (Atkus without balance components) trainer would give. It now gives exactly as much as a pure accuracy trainer would give.
• Balthite: Used to give a little bit less balance than what Balthus gave. Now gives exactly what Balthus gives.
• Dethite: Used to give a little bit less defense than what Dethus gave. Now gives exactly what Dethus gives.
• Darkite: Used to give a bit more than half of what a “pure damage” (Darkus without balance components) trainer would give. Now gives exactly what a “pure damage” Darkus would give.
- The result: This is a significant nerf for those using double pauldron and ‘ites with balthite and dethite. It’s closer to neutral (but still a nerf) for those using it for double atktite/darkite. For those not using double ‘ites, this is a buff all around (a significant one for accuracy/damage, minor for balance/defense). This makes channel master still a very good trainer, better in most cases than training straight balance/defense/accuracy/damage, but not to the degree it was before the change. The hope is that even if people have adjusted their training to channel master vs. base trainers, that investment is still a very good investment (if not, please let us know what you’d have rather trained; the intent is not to “punish” anyone, given this bug has been around for so long).
* Development continues behind the scenes on new areas.
* One more secret change; we can’t spoil everything.
Chaos Storm #1166 has swept the Lok'Groton island chain. Please post any changes you have observed and wish to share with others in the comments.
Delta Tao's "What's New" for v1166:
He who has health has hope; and he who has hope has everything. — Arabian Proverb
* We hope that everyone remains safe and healthy during this pandemic crisis.
* Puddleby supports social distancing!
The next Bard Concert is scheduled for:
Sunday, March 29, 2020 at noon PDT, 3PM EDT.
Chaos Storm #1162 has swept the Lok'Groton island chain. Please post any changes you have observed and wish to share with others in the comments.
Delta Tao's "What's New" for v1162:
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. — Mark Twain (1835–1910)
* No significant changes this update.